Production Machine Operator
Location: Elgin, IL.
Job Type: Temp To Hire
Hours: 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 p/h.
An important food company is looking for committed and responsible candidates for the position attached, those openings are for the 2nd shift, from 3:15 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. M-F. Those positions pay $18.00 for candidates with experience.
- Medical Insurance (employee pays portion).
- Vacations (after one year of employment).
- Sick Days (3 days per year).
- 401K (after 12 months of employment).
- Paid Holidays (Six).
- Yearly Bonus (Based on company’s profit for the year).
- Must be able to work in the USA.
- Able to drive forklift.
- Able to read and interpret product’s specification sheets.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work with others and communicate effectively.
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Food Safe, HACCP, GMP and SQF programs and OSHA safety rule.
- Food processing experience 2-3 years (Preferred).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred.
- Package our product following all customer’s specifications.
- Set up the machine with the right setting for the production run.
- Periodically inspect product throughout the day for seal, and weight and make any adjustments to the machine as needed.
- Monitor production line. Watch for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that is not sticking properly.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging components.
- Ensure that all products are packaged according to specifications.
- Maintained the work area clean and organized.
- Communicate with QA personnel, for equipment releases for production, verification of data on the product at the beginning of a run, and changeovers.
- Check out the tools box from the production manager and or supervises at the beginning of each shift and turn them in at the end of each shift as well as keep the tools clean and account for all tools at the end of each shift.
- Able to troubleshoot minor malfunctioning of the machine/equipment throughout the shift.
- Be able to coach and train line packers effectively.
- Seek a way to correct or improve the current work process.
- Other jobs will be assigned.