Mix Food Machine Operator
Location: Elgin, IL.
Job Type: Temp To Hire
Hours: 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 p/h.
An important food company is looking for committed and responsible candidates for the second shift, from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 11:00 p.m. M-F. This position pays $16.00 to $18.00 based on experience. Training for such candidates will take place during the first shift from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and for the second shift at 5:00 p.m. at 12:30 between 30 and 60 days.
- Medical Insurance (employee pays portion)
- Vacations (after one year of employment)
- Sick Days (3 days per year)
- 401K (after 12 months of employment)
- Paid Holidays (Six)
- Yearly Bonus (Based on company’s profit for the year)
- Must be able to work in the USA.
- Able to drive forklifts (stand up and Sit down).
- Able to read and interpret blend sheet as well as mixing directions.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work with others and communicate effectively.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Food Safe, HACCP, GMP and SQF programs and OSHA safety rules.
- Food processing experience 2-3 years (Preferred).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Examine materials, ingredients or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to already established standards.
- Weigh and measure ingredients according to mixing sheets.
- Pour all ingredients into the blender and allow them to blend according to the blend sheets.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Stop the blender or mixing equipment when the product has been blended according to the blending sheet.
- Open valves, doors, and gates to transfer the product into the appropriate containers.
- Collect samples of blended product for QA testing.
- Examine blended product visually and with hand to ensure conformance to already stablished standards.
- Clean all equipment and bins use during production according to HACCP procedures.
- Clean work area and maintained clean and organized.
- Other duties will be assigned.